The Health On the Net (HON) Foundation in Geneva is searching for a:
Web Developer (Backend)
Location: Geneva Switzerland
Type: fulltime, undetermined contract
Starting date: upon availability with preference in November 2015
You will be a key member of the development team, making technical decisions that will
drive the future of the platform's experience. We are looking for a candidate with
experience in developing applications using modern web technologies.
What will you do ?
The ideal candidate will be comfortable handling new challenges involving emerging technologies.
He must be able to work both as part of a team and individually, with enthousiam and initiative,
while adhering to project plans and specifications, meeting deadlines and achieving project goals
by the assigned deadlines.
Qualifications and Experience
- >3 years of professional experience in developing and launching web applications
- Proficiency developing, debugging and optimizing web applications
- Working knowledge of PHP frameworks and CMS such as Joomla, Drupal
- Familiarity working with common web data formats such as JSON or XML
- Experience writing Unit Tests such as TDD a plus
- Knowledge of mobile web development and responsive design
- Familiarity working in a Linux environment
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with other server side languages such as Groovy, Ruby or Python
- Familiarity with iOS and Android SDK
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Active participant and contributor to the open source community or side projects
You are responsible and organized, creative and proactive.
You are ambitious, with interpersonal and organizational skills that allow you to complete projects within given deadlines.
You are fluent in French with a good knowledge of written and spoken English, German is a plus. Swiss valid permit or European citizen is a requirement.
Post to be filled immediately. Please submit your CV, letter of motivation, and salary expectations to